Let's Talk About It
Let's Talk About It (LTAI) is a library discussion series that brings scholars and community members together to explore how selected books, films, or poetry illuminate a particular theme.
The Let's Talk About It series is sponsored by the North Carolina Humanities Council in cooperation with the North Carolina Center for the Book. Let's Talk About It is available as a book, film or poetry series.
Book Series: A nine-week reading and discussion series that includes five books that is held every other week and led by a new scholar each week.
Film Series: A six-week film and discussion series that is held weekly and led by one scholar.
Poetry Series: A six-week reading-audio/video-discussion program that is held weekly and led by one scholar.
Participating Libraries Fall 2015
- Braswell Memorial Library in Rocky Mount, NC
- Cumberland County Public Library in Fayetteville, NC
- Carteret County Public Library in Beaufort, NC
- Edgecombe County Memorial Library in Tarboro, NC
- Western Carteret Branch Library in Cape Carteret, NC
- New Bern Public Library in New Bern, NC
- Patrick Beaver Memorial Library in Hickory, NC
- Wayne County Public Library in Goldsboro, NC
- Cleveland County Memorial Library in Shelby, NC
Let’s Talk About It is a joint project of the North Carolina Humanities Council, a statewide nonprofit and affiliate of the National Endowment for the Humanities, and the North Carolina Center for the Book, a program of the State Library of North Carolina/Department of Cultural Resources and an affiliate of the Center for the Book in the Library of Congress.