If you have been awarded a grant by North Carolina Humanities, please consult the following publicity guidelines to ensure all materials publicizing or resulting from your award and program activity are acknowledged correctly. Please contact our staff if you have any questions.
Steps to Acknowledging Your Project
1. Acknowledge your Grant
- Download our all-in-one Grantee Acknowledgement Tool Kit (below) for acknowledgment requirements, logos, press release templates, social media images, and more!
- Remember to share news about your grant on your own website too.
2. Announce your Programs and Events
- Grantees are encouraged to submit grant-related events to our web calendar as soon as they are confirmed.
- You can customize one of the press releases provided by NC Humanities and share it with your local media outlets. Templates are located in the Grantee Acknowledgement Tool Kit.
- Invite elected officials to your events, and keep them updated on future programs.
3. Post on Social Media
- When posting about your project on social media, please tag us using @NCHumanities whenever possible.
- Typically, we will try to repost your content to our social media pages when we are notified of a post through tagging.
- If you need help, use the sample social media images found in the Grantee Acknowledgement Tool Kit.
- Here are some sample social media posts to help promote your project.
- We are excited to announce that [organization name] received a grant from @nchumanities an affiliate of @nehgov! This grant will support [explain what your grant will be used for]. [insert a link to your press release or website]
- Thank you @nchumanities for awarding [organization name] a grant for [project name]! @nehgov
- We will host [project/event name] on [date/location/time]. Learn more by visiting our website [insert link to your press release or project website page]. Thank you @ncumanities and @nehgov for supporting this [project/event].
- If you’re looking for an additional engagement opportunity, you can participate in our Grantee Selfie Campaign. The instructions can be found in the Grantee Acknowledgement Tool Kit.
About North Carolina Humanities: Through public humanities programs and grantmaking, North Carolina Humanities connects North Carolinians with cultural experiences that spur dialogue, deepen human connections, and inspire community. NC Humanities is a statewide nonprofit and affiliate of the National Endowment for the Humanities. To learn more visit www.nchumanities.org.
- In written communication, North Carolina Humanities should always be written out on first reference. Upon second reference, North Carolina Humanities, NC Humanities, or NCH is acceptable.
- Do not use N.C.H. or N.C. Humanities.